Saturday 26 November 2011

Colour theory BEGIN. Part 2.

Right, now then. In my first post here, I explained briefly the first exercise I had to do for colour theory lecture, the second part of the lecture involved taking the colours I painted on the A2 paper and trying to create a collage out of them in three different ways.

They proceed as follows:


a) using 5 contrasting hues
b) using 3 - 4 harmonious (neighbouring) hues
c) using 3 harmonious hues + 1 complementary hue or using 5
hues, some 'warm' and some 'cool'.

So, in using photoshop to do the work. I created the following. One for each of the three exercises.

5 contrasting hues.


5 Contrasting hues. 





The aim of the three exercises was to learn about hues and the manner of how contrasting, harmonious and complimentary hues worked in the colour spectrum.

The 3 harmonious hues and the one complimentary hue.


Although the instruction says 3 - 4 harmonious colours. I inadvertently ended up adding an extra one. Also, I wasn't particularly sure about how they had to be organised, so I just grabbed the colours I created from the A2 paper and assembled them to form some kind of abstract design.

Harmonious Hues II.

Harmonious Hues III.


And that in turn concludes the exercise section for hues.

No comments:

Post a Comment